Assisting our clients maintain a healthy competitive environment in their markets and industries.
Our Attorneys are highly experienced in complex antitrust and competition matters advising on a full spectrum of legal services including merger notifications, copyright infringements, cartel investigations, competition litigation, governance, corruption, exemptions and compliance and regulatory advice.
We are able to provide competent and strategic advice to clients across all industry sectors with interests in Africa. Our Attorneys work together in a mutually-supportive, innovative and efficient approach to this form of litigation and tries each case with unmatched determination and assuring our clients the best possible quality of client service – working towards the preservation of healthy competition and fair trade in the marketplace by protecting consumers and businesses.
As one of South Africa’s pre-eminent competition advisors, we have made numerous representations before the Competition Tribunal – acting on behalf of some of the top South African mining companies.
In addition to legal advice, we provide competition-related services including industry-specific programmes on the Competition Act, the Consumer Protection Act, the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), anticorruption legislation (money laundering and bribery) and customised company-specific code of conduct and ethics training programmes in order to mitigate risk.
- Legal opinions on a range of competition law issues such as the implications of commercial agreements, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Merger control across a range of industries.
- Reviewing proposed and executed agreements as a pre-emptive measure to ensure compliance with the Competition Act.
- Preparing and oppose merger notification.
- Advising and representing clients on complaint proceedings before the competition authorities.
- Defending and advising clients in matters relating to anti-competitive conduct.
- Assisting with Interim Relief, Exemption and Corporate Leniency applications.
We’re located in the heart of Bellville
23 Hofmeyr Street
Why not give us a call or send us an email
Tel: +27 21 054 6310
Fax: +27 86 691 4998