Tailored legal advice to minimise operational and regulatory risks.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE
With the ever-changing regulatory compliances to meet external and internal economic forces, corporations need practical and individualised solutions pertinent to their businesses’ risk management. Our Attorneys are available to provide tailored legal advice to minimise operational and regulatory risks by directing our clients through legislation and practice codes relevant to corporate governance and compliance, as well as corporate responsibility.
Our boardroom practice covers all elements of company law where we advise on a full range of corporate governance and compliance issues and the statutory responsibilities and obligations of companies, directors and officers. We also assist with analysing corporate policies and their codes of conduct, as well as conducting transactional and institutional due diligence reviews, manage internal investigations, and represent companies in compliance hearings and investigations brought by regulatory bodies.
In addition to legal advice, we are able to assist our clients with all aspects of corporate secretarial services from company registrations to annual submissions. We are also able to assist board members, directors and managers with training workshops in understanding key Corporate Governance and Compliance principles.
- Regulatory including competition, exchange control, securities and listings requirements.
- Perform compliance checks with reference to MOI’s, Shareholders’ Agreements and other arrangements.
- Advice in relation to the establishment, role and functions, and terms of reference of board sub-committees (social and ethics committee, remuneration committee, risk management committee and audit committee, etcetera).
- Due diligence investigations and legal opinions on mergers and acquisitions.
- Public Procurement Tendering.
- Project development including consenting and planning.
- Merger control, the structuring of joint ventures, co-operations and distribution schemes, investigations and compliance.
- Company Secretarial Services.
- Represent companies and individuals in externally driven investigations and enforcement actions brought by Regulatory Institutions.
- Advice to individual officers and directors, as well as boards of directors and special committees, on their fiduciary responsibilities in matters such as takeover responses and potential conflicts of interest.
We’re located in the heart of Bellville
23 Hofmeyr Street
Why not give us a call or send us an email
Tel: +27 21 054 6310
Fax: +27 86 691 4998