Saeedah is an admitted attorney of the High Court and is currently involved with the civil litigation department as well as all other departments within BBP Law Inc.
Saeedah’s experience in various aspects of law include, but are not limited to:
Corporate & Commercial
- Drafting shareholders’ resolution.
- Drafting contractual agreements.
- Drafting shareholders’ agreements.
- Negotiating sale of share agreements.
- Trademarks (brief).
Oil & Gas
- Assisted in drafting technical cooperation permits.
- Assisted in drafting proposed amendments legislation / part of the regulatory and legal group with (BBP Law Inc.) as convener for a working group to submit comments to the Gas Amendment Bill. Written submissions presented to Parliament with SAOGA Gas Economy Leadership Group.
- Assisted in litigation and arbitration matters within the petroleum industry.
- Enforcement of divorce orders.
- Bringing and defending protection orders.
General Litigation In The High Court And Magistrates Court
- Drafting and defending of summonses.
- Drafting and defending various debt collection matters.
- Lease and building contract disputes.
- Attended on various postponements and certain bail applications.
INTERNET, COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY LAW
- Assisted in the drafting of legal opinions on the South African Reserve Bank regulations relating to crypto exchanges.
- Confidentiality in the Attorneys’ Profession and Social Media Platforms
- Purchasing from International Online Stores: SA Consumer Rights
- Business Rescue: Is there still hope for your Business?
- Let the Signatory Beware – The Consequences, Liabilities and Responsibilities of Signing Contracts
- Why you should Trademark your Business Name
- The Basics of Registering your Business
- The Value of Registering your Domain Name
- Tax Obligations of Traders making use of E-Commerce
- The Protection of Personal Information and its Impact on our Business
- How to ensure that a seller’s rights are not frustrated by a contract of sale
- Can a main member of a medical aid be held liable for costs incurred by a non-member on behalf of a minor dependant?
- Accusations of Judicial Bias
- Cape Firefighters face the fire
- Are you an employee?
- The benefits to employees of the sale of a business as a going concern
- Does the recent Supreme Court of Appeal Judgment have long term benefits for Insurance Holders or Insurance Providers?
- The impact of your change of status of your estate upon entering into marriage
- Competition Commission warrants that warranties can no longer be voided
- Cybercrimes Bill and its impact on Internet Service Providers’ Policies.
- The legal consequences of Medical Malpractice
- What are the implications of the postponement of the enforcement of the Protection of Personal Information Act on corporates and average citizens?
- The Crypto Confusion in South Africa
- Freedom of Expression and Incitement in the time of Social Media
- Ensuring the Liability of a Contracting Company
- Ensuring the Liability of a Contracting Company – Part 2
- Contractual Grey Areas: The Case for Positive Malperformance
- Partnerships: Rights and The Relationship between Partners
- Warranties Versus Warranty Clauses in the Contracts
- Commercial Partnerships and the duties associated with them
- Discussions your employer should have with you when considering retrenchment.
- Contracting between Businesses – Transaction Parameters
- Part 2 – Contracting between Businesses – Considerations for the Protection of your Business
- The Fiduciary Duties of a Director
- The Purpose of a Memorandum of Incorporation of Company
- The Purpose of Business Trusts – Part One
- The Responsibilities of a Board of Directors – Part One
- The Competition Commission reins in Meta
- Voluntary Liquidation in South Africa
- Involuntary Liquidation – Is there room for Opposition?
- Who may Claim from the Compensation Fund
- Establishing a Company’s Contractual Liability
We’re located in the heart of Bellville
26 Hofmeyr Street
Why not give us a call or send us an email
Tel: +27 79 303 5822
Fax: +27 86 691 4998