Negotiating and extracting the maximum value from your investment.
ENERGY, RESOURCES & RENEWABLES
We recognise that the energy, resources & renewables industry is an exciting and high risk industry presenting various opportunities, technologies and challenges for both our emerging and established clients. Based on our experience and understanding of the energy, resources & renewables industry, we aim to assist our clients in identifying and migrating risk and guiding them through any challenge which may arise.
The backbone of BBP Law will always be its specialised skills within the oil and gas industry. Our specialist knowledge in the energy, resources & renewables sectors are supplemented by our capacity to draw on a vast network of multi-disciplinary experts so as to meet the varied legal services and project development requirements for any related energy project. Our Attorneys are capable of navigating through the fugitive dust of any deal by:
- Negotiating and extracting the maximum value from your investment.
- Providing commercial solutions on the technical aspects of the transaction whilst keeping an eye on the industry.
- Minimising risk by keeping abreast of all regulatory increasing regulatory obligations and reporting requirements.
Our multi-disciplinary and tailor-made team of experts are able to provide solutions across the spectrum of legal services in the energy, resources & renewables industry comprising of the oil and gas, mining and renewables sectors. We provide strategic legal solutions in all areas of mining law, mine and occupational health and safety, project development and project finance, resource finance, mergers and acquisitions, environment, tax, regulatory, business rescue and insolvency.
Our service include all aspects of renewable and non-renewable energy transactions and we are able to assist our clients from the consenting and planning process, through to the construction, financing, operation, maintenance and ultimately their refinancing or sale.
We have collectively advised on the first offshore development project in South Africa, the first offshore development project in Namibia and the first onshore production project in South Africa. Winner of the 2014 Legal Advisor of Year Award by African Investor.
- Drafting of Participating, Farm-Out, Memorandum of Understanding, Joint Venture and Joint Operating, Multi-Client and Brokerage, Seismic Acquisition, Seismic Processing and Re-Processing, and Upstream Data Viewing Agreements.
- Negotiating Host Government, Onshore and Offshore Drilling and Drilling Support Service Contracts.
- Offtake Arrangments including royalty and streaming.
- Technical Co-operation Permit, Petroleum License, Exploration and Production Right applications.
- Permissions and Concessions.
- Development of Shale Gas, Coal-bed methane, wind, solar, CHP, biomass, hydro-electricity and waste to energy and IPP Projects.
- Joint bidding and Areas of Mutual Interest Agreements.
- Business Establishment and Business Structuring.
- Due Diligence Investigations, Feasibility Studies and Reports.
- Project Finance, Capital Equity & IPO Listings.
- Oil and Gas, Energy, Mineral and Renewable Policies and Procedures.
- Government Procurement and Commercial Tendering Processes.
- Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning of facilities and Pipelines.
- Risk Management through Contracts and Insurance.
- Statutory and Regulatory Compliance.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Shipping and Logistics.
- Black Economic Empowerment transactions.
- Environmental matters.
- Development and Construction.
We’re located in the heart of Bellville
26 Hofmeyr Street
Why not give us a call or send us an email
Tel: +27 21 945 1237
Fax: +27 86 691 4998